Digital Archive

This page provides access to several small collections of photographs taken around the Georgia Tech campus, most from the 1960's. The filename of each photo usually gives some indication of the location; also, some locations are marked by red arrows on the photo key map (pdf). The filenames also usually indicate the date of the photo, when known. The format is yyyymmdd, where yyyy is the year, mm the month, and dd the day. For example, a file with "196605" in the name indicates a date of May, 1966.


1968


2006

Collections

Aerial Photos
This is a collection of aerial photographs of the campus.
Businesses, Churches, and Schools
The current campus encompasses an area which at one time contained several businesses, churches, and schools.
Cars on Campus
Photographs showing cars on and around campus.
Ferst Drive
Initially called Perimeter Drive, Ferst Drive was constructed (using mostly existing streets) during the early seventies to serve as a "loop" road around the campus. Most of these photographs were taken during construction or shortly afterward.
Harrison Square
Photos of the area between the Tech Tower, A. French, and Chapin known as Harrison Square.
Hemphill Avenue
Until 1972, Hemphill Avenue continued southeast (from its current dead end at Ferst Drive) to Luckie Street. These photographs were taken in this area; some during removal of the street pavement.
Interior Views
Interior photos of various buildings.
Maps
A collection of historic maps of the Georgia Tech campus from 1907 to 1970.
Miscellaneous Images
Various images of the campus.
Peters Park
Photos of Peters Park from the 1980's prior to construction of the parking deck. Information about the "restriction" on this parcel of land.
Urban Renewal
During the 1960's, two Urban Renewal projects allowed the campus to expand into the areas west of Hemphill Avenue. These are photographs of street scenes in this area.
West Campus Dorm Construction
Photos showing the west campus dorm construction.